Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ask Slashdot: How To Donate Older Computers to Charity?

Ask Slashdot: How To Donate Older Computers to Charity?

Ask Slashdot: How To Donate Older Computers to Charity?: yanom writes "My school gave me several circa-2006 computers with no operating system. I fixed them up, and now they run Lubuntu fairly well, making them great internet/LibreOffice/general Linux workstations. I've been wanting to donate them to local nonprofits where they'll go to good use — for example, I've already given several to a local church for them to use in their afterschool care/tutoring program. However, I'm having trouble finding other places where these machines could go to good use. How should I best conduct this search? How can I find nonprofits that could benefit from these workstations?"
 

Read more of this story at Slashdot.


4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for Sharing the information!!!

    For query related to Gmail Tech Support,please follow the link

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has your company lately wend a mass deployment of new PC hardware? Have you ponder what is going to becoming of your old PC hardware?

    Norton Antivirus Support | Mcafee Antivirus Support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Info! If you have any kind if technical problem you can contact the Tech Support Live which works for the tech support twenty four hours.

    Norton Antivirus Support | Mcafee Antivirus Support

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to clarify, you mean before donating your old computer you should install some for of ubuntu on it? From my experience windows is the go to operating system for most schools. I may have this totally wrong but I found the info/tech support helpful and the only other place that had helpful info was the site below. computer support

    ReplyDelete